Assistant Superintendent – Prospect Bay Country Club
Prospect Bay Country Club is seeking an assistant golf course superintendent to join our team.
We are a member-owned private community golf course located minutes from the Bay Bridge on Maryland’s Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. The 18 hole championship golf course features both warm and cool season grasses with 2 very distinct 9 holes. Recent upgrades include a new Rainbird IC irrigation system completed in 2016, as well as many tee, fairway, and equipment upgrades. A new maintenance facility is also being planned for the fall of 2019.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or turf-related field preferred
- Experience Requirements:
- Previous golf course or turfgrass management experience
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- The successful candidate must show experience in the following:
- Previous supervisory experience with an emphasis on crew management and training.
- The ability to multi-task daily assignments and crew management tasks under direction of the Superintendent.
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of agronomic programs for both cool and warm season grasses in the transition zone.
- Chemical and fertilizer application experience with the ability to possess or obtain a Maryland State pesticide and fertilizer applicators license.
- The ability to work and communicate with Spanish speaking employees.
Date Available: ASAP
Application Instructions: Please email cover letter and resume
Salary Range: $43,000+DOE
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Membership to professional organizations
- Golf privileges
Spray Technician Cripple Creek Country Club
Cripple Creek Country Club is located five miles west of Bethany Beach DE. The course plays along the Indian River Bay and a 90 acre salt marsh. This will be the first full season with our renovated short game and range tee expansion.
High school diploma.
Must have pesticide license.
We are looking for highly motivated individual with a good work ethic and knowledge of turf.
Golfing , Uniforms Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Year End Bonus,
Date Job is Available
April 8, 2019
$ 15.00 per hour
Job Application Instructions
Email resume to email@example.com
Golf Course Equipment Manager
This is a first line supervisory repair and maintenance work at the Somerset County Golf Course. The Equipment Manager reports to the Golf Course Superintendent and/or the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventative maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. Additionally, this position maintains Recreation and Parks equipment and offers support to other County Departments regarding maintenance of small engines and machines. The equipment manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent and/or the assistant superintendent, and schedules and directs the work assignments of the assistant equipment manager. The equipment manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building. The Equipment Manager is under the direct supervision of the Somerset County Recreation and Parks Director.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Examples are illustrative only)
- Operates electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment as needed for daily course maintenance and special projects.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defect/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment including, diesel-, electric-, and gasoline powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers and other mechanical equipment used in utility work.
- Fabricates, rebuilds and overhauls Golf Course, Recreation and Parks and other county equipment when need arises and within budgetary conditions.
- Maintains golf cart fleet.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventative maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance.
- Regulates employees’ use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed.
- Will be required to work during off hours when problems arise.
- Performs other duties as required by the superintendent and Recreation and Parks Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assist the Golf Course Superintendent in the preparation of a budget, estimating man hours and materials required for a job.
- Motivates employees to produce at an optimal level.
- Thorough knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain machines/engines in a broad spectrum of functions.
- Ability to perform first through fifth echelon maintenance on cars, trucks, golf course construction equipment with gasoline and/or diesel engines.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession
- Ability to move heavy objects
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Assisting in an effective, daily inspection of golf course maintenance equipment and weekly inspection of Recreation and Parks equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent, preferably in the vocational arts, with six years experience in golf course equipment maintenance, one of which must be at the master mechanical level.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- Class C Driver’s License.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of record keeping.
Application forms may be obtained at the Somerset County Human Resources Department, County Office Complex, 11916 Somerset Avenue Room 214, Princess Anne, MD, during regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm) Monday through Friday or from the county website: www.somersetmd.us
Completed applications must be received at the Human Resources Department on or before January 11th, 2019 at 4:30 pm.Contact for more info
Assistant Superintendent, Cripple Creek Country Club
Cripple Creek Country Club is a private 18 hole golf and country club located 5 miles west of Bethany Beach, Delaware, along the Indian River Bay. Cripple Creek was established in 1984, designed by Algie Pulley. Cripple Creek prides itself on offering the best playing conditions, in a comfortable, beach-like setting.
We have completed multiple in house construction projects, with many more planned in the near future. A recent short game practice area was added to the course, during the summer of 2018.
The preferred candidate will be a hard working, motivated individual that has the desire to succeed, with the ultimate goal of moving on to manage their own course. All six assistants, over the past 13 years, have progressed to head Superintendent positions.
2 or 4 year degree preferred, in Agronomy or Turfgrass Management
Golf course experience required, with 2-4 years experience in the golf course industry, preferably with 2 years experience as a Golf Course Assistant Superintendent.
Paid Vacation/Sick Time
Date Job is Available
April 1, 2019
Job Application Instructions
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Territory Sales Manager for Weedingtech™ Product Line
Turf Equipment and Supply Company, an award-winning Toro distributor, has an opening for an outside sales position for the newly acquired Weedingtech line of weed control, cleaning, and sanitation products. Weedingtech is the manufacturer of the world’s leading eco-friendly weed control system, which uses patented technology for eliminating unwanted vegetation. For more information about Weedingtech, visit www.weedingtech.com
In this position you will be responsible for sales, developing network opportunities and demand for the product line. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have excellent customer service, communication, presentation and public speaking skills. Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, landscape management or equivalent combination of experience is required. Prefer at least three years’ experience in technical product field sales. Experience and/or training in irrigation, turf management, agronomy or landscape management is a plus. Candidates must be proficient in the use of personal computers and business software applications and have a strong technical aptitude.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, life, short-term disability, paid vacation and personal days, 401(k) and profit-sharing program.
If you think this opportunity is a fit for you, please send your resume to Lance Ernst at email@example.comContact for more info
Assistant Superintendent River Run Golf Club
River Run is looking for an Assistant Superintendent to help oversee staffing duties/management, pesticide scheduling, irrigation repair and other duties.
River Run is embarking on an upgrade to the irrigation system over the next few years as well as other agronomic improvements. Experience with irrigation repairs a plus.
Salary: $40k+ depending on experience. Other benefits include employee contribution of health insurance, vacation, sick time, holiday time, dues paid to GCSAA & ESAGCS, golf privileges.
Please email resume to John Kotoski, CGCS @ firstname.lastname@example.orgContact for more info