Field Staff – Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative
The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), headquartered in Lawrence, Kan., is a leading golf organization and since 1926, has been the top professional association for the men and women who manage golf courses in the United States and worldwide. GCSAA’s mission is to serve its members, advance their profession and enhance the enjoyment, growth and vitality of the game of golf. We assist our members through education and advancement efforts, increasing the visibility of their facilities and enhancing the reputation of the golf course management profession. Are you interested in working for an association who aspires to become the global leader in golf course management?
To enhance the relationship between chapters and GCSAA, we are seeking a dedicated professional to serve as a conduit to the eleven GCSAA affiliated chapters in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia and West Virginia. The mission of the position is to work strategically to enhance communication between GCSAA and the chapters to improve the effectiveness of programs and services at the chapter level. Incumbent will assist in recruitment and retention of members, work closely with regional allied associations and serve as a regular chapter meeting attendee in providing GCSAA resources to the respective chapters. The regional representative will work with superintendents, schools and students in developing First Green field trips and is a key component in accomplishing the strategic objectives of GCSAA and affiliated chapters.
(PA) Central Pennsylvania GCSA (VA) Old Dominion GCSA
(PA) Greater Pittsburgh GCSA (VA) Virginia GCSA
(PA) Mountain & Valley GCSA (WV) West Virginia GCSA
(PA) Northwestern Pennsylvania (MD, DC) Mid-Atlantic Association of GCS
(PA) Philadelphia Association of GCS (MD, DE) Eastern Shore Association of GCS
(PA) Pocono Turfgrass Association
Successful candidate must have at least three years of experience in the golf industry and a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience). Strong understanding of the turf management profession, the regional economy and exposure to association management are preferred. Previous experience as a golf course superintendent is valued. Excellent oral and written communication, time management skills and exceptional customer relations skills are essential. Position resides within the region (home office) and a current resident of the region is preferred. Candidate must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time, including overnight stays.
We take our work seriously, but we know how to have fun. Position pay range is: $70,000 – $80,000 annually. GCSAA’s attractive compensation and benefits package includes the traditional offerings, plus paid leave, 401(k)/Roth match, community involvement opportunities and wellness incentives. If required, relocation expenses may be provided and tailored to the successful candidate’s needs.
Applications will continue to be received until the position is filled. Applicants should apply online at www.gcsaa.org and select the Careers tab, “Careers at GCSAA.”
If you need assistance applying, please email email@example.com.
GCSAA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabledfor more info
Assistant Superintendent – Peninsula Golf and Country Club
The Peninsula Golf and Country Club is seeking a qualified Assistant Superintendent to join the Agronomy team. The Peninsula is a 2006 Nicklaus signature course situated within an 850-acre resort style community on the Indian River Bay in Long Neck, DE. The course has roughly 42 acres of Seaside bentgrass fairways, tees and approaches, with 3 acres of A-4 bentgrass greens. 2019 produced the most rounds to date at 23,000. We strive to offer our members the best possible conditions every day in the challenging Mid -Atlantic climate.
The Assistant Superintendent will be involved in all aspects of golf course management and maintenance. The candidate must be able to comprehend basic turf management skills. He/She must be able to deliver tournament ready conditions on a daily basis. Qualified candidates should have at least 3- 5 years of golf course experience. We are looking for a self- starter and someone who can think on their feet, problem solving skills are a must, as is the ability to work through situations to ultimately find the desired outcome.
Typical responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Irrigation scheduling, operation, troubleshooting & repair with Toro Lynx System
• Plant protectant and fertilizer applications, calibrations and record keeping
• Hand watering & syringing
• Project management
• Budget & purchasing
• Advises Superintendent of course conditions
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent
• Exhibits and maintains a professional demeanor to reflect a positive image of The Peninsula Golf & Country Club
• Assists with planning, scheduling, instructing, training, and directing crew in the performance of golf course maintenance procedures and job responsibilities
• Prepared to acquire a Delaware Pesticide Applicator’s License within the first three months of employment
• Scouting and course setup
• Must be high energy and willing to do whatever necessary to complete the job
This role will be salaried ranging from 45-50k + (DOE)
The club offers a competitive compensation & benefits program with Troon Golf benefits including medical, 401K (after qualifying period), vacation, uniforms, sick days, cell phone reimbursement. As well as a goal-oriented budget program.
Please forward resume with cover letter and references to Superintendent Kyle DeNuys
Sales Representatives – Genesis Green Supply
Genesis Green Supply is actively seeking Sales Representatives for ALL Mid-Atlantic Areas and Markets.
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Mark Merrick, CGCS
VP of Sales & Marketing
Golf Superintendent Kenwood Golf & Country Club – Bethesda, Maryland
About Kenwood Golf & Country Club
Kenwood Golf and Country Club is a private club with a select membership. It has been in continuous existence since 1928. The clubhouse, golf course and its facilities cover over 100 acres of rolling countryside, located in Bethesda, Maryland. Included on the property is an 18-hole, USGA Certified, par 70 golf course, a competition-size outdoor swimming pool, an outdoor diving pool with children’s wading pool, thirteen Har-Tru tennis courts, two all-weather hard courts and 4 indoor cushioned hard courts, an eight-lane duck pin bowling alley, a state-of-the-art fitness center complete with exercise studio, heated indoor pool, and spa services. Adjacent to the clubhouse is a guest house with forty-two comfortable, quiet, simply-appointed rooms with standard amenities. The Club, surrounded by fine residential properties, is situated inside the Capital Beltway, (I-495) only minutes from the Nation’s Capital, approximately seven miles from the White House and many other cultural and national attractions.
The Superintendent is responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. Responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and Club property. Our goal is a healthy and consistent golf course. Golf Superintendent Kenwood Golf & Country Club
Commercial Operations Manager – Turf Equipment and Supply Company
Turf Equipment and Supply Company is seeking a Commercial Operations Manager to join our team.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and energetic person to fill our Commercial Operations Manager position. This position will work from our Jessup, Maryland location. This management position will be responsible of our Toro Commercial inventory integrity and procurement, reporting, and support of the Commercial Sales and Service teams.
- Must have an intermediate to advance level using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Integrity and strong work ethic
- Provide accurate reporting for the Commercial business group
- Order and track all orders and leases
- Communicate with vendors, finance companies, and the internal Commercial team
- Lead weekly meetings
- Oversee and manage rental, loaner and demonstration equipment process
- Manage Commercial audits
- Assist with Finn equipment operations
- Perform duties normally associated with supervision including training, delevoping, and evaluating performance of staff
- Conduct effective meetings
- Assist in the development of processes that include meeting expectations, create efficiencies in operations, and adapting to changes in business
- Maintain inventory accuracy
- This position requires a level of education normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in
a business or technical discipline or a minimum of five years in a highly responsible and strict discipline,
directly related to physical asset management
- Turf industry experience is preferred
- Three (3) years of business experience
Date Position is Available: September 3, 2019
Job Application Instructions: Please email resume and cover letterContact for more info
Assistant Superintendent – Prospect Bay Country Club
Prospect Bay Country Club is seeking an assistant golf course superintendent to join our team.
We are a member-owned private community golf course located minutes from the Bay Bridge on Maryland’s Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. The 18 hole championship golf course features both warm and cool season grasses with 2 very distinct 9 holes. Recent upgrades include a new Rainbird IC irrigation system completed in 2016, as well as many tee, fairway, and equipment upgrades. A new maintenance facility is also being planned for the fall of 2019.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or turf-related field preferred
- Experience Requirements:
- Previous golf course or turfgrass management experience
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- The successful candidate must show experience in the following:
- Previous supervisory experience with an emphasis on crew management and training.
- The ability to multi-task daily assignments and crew management tasks under direction of the Superintendent.
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of agronomic programs for both cool and warm season grasses in the transition zone.
- Chemical and fertilizer application experience with the ability to possess or obtain a Maryland State pesticide and fertilizer applicators license.
- The ability to work and communicate with Spanish speaking employees.
Date Available: ASAP
Application Instructions: Please email cover letter and resume
Salary Range: $43,000+DOE
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Membership to professional organizations
- Golf privileges
Spray Technician Cripple Creek Country Club
Cripple Creek Country Club is located five miles west of Bethany Beach DE. The course plays along the Indian River Bay and a 90 acre salt marsh. This will be the first full season with our renovated short game and range tee expansion.
High school diploma.
Must have pesticide license.
We are looking for highly motivated individual with a good work ethic and knowledge of turf.
Golfing , Uniforms Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Year End Bonus,
Date Job is Available
April 8, 2019
$ 15.00 per hour
Job Application Instructions
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org