Golf Course Superintendent
Belmont Country Club:
Belmont Country Club is owned and operated by Club Corp and is among over 200 golf courses around the United States. Belmont was opened in 2001, designed by Arnold Palmer, and in 2013 went through an extensive practice facility renovation. The practice facility now features nearly three times the size of the former range and includes the addition of a short game area that not only accommodates members and guest, but also the addition of the Belmont Golf Academy. In 2018, Belmont was purchased by Club Corp and is in planning phases of amplifying the experience of the club and propelling Belmont to one of the higher-level clubs in the Club Corp portfolio.
Qualified candidates should be self-motivated to achieve goals and tasks. This individual will plan, operate, and execute the golf course maintenance operation daily and will report to the General Manager of Belmont Country Club. The responsible party will be expected to outline a detailed Agronomic Plan every year and manage expectations of members while achieving financial goals. This opportunity comes with the responsibility of managing multiple areas at once that include: 140 acres of cool season-maintained turf, Clubhouse Grounds, and Practice Facility. Applicants need to be qualified in minor/major project tasking and organization, knowledge of cool season turf management and Bentgrass putting greens and grow in/construction/bunker renovations. Additional duties would include establishing online job tasking software system and equipment tracking systems.
Successful applicants will have access to promotions within the Club Corp company. Club Corp has had a successful program of promoting from within and furthering careers throughout our properties.
Compensation: $100,000 + DOE
Job Perks Include:
Local Association Dues/Conferences
Cell Phone Allowance
Moving Expense Allowance
Email Resumes to:
Regional Golf Course Superintendent
Director of Grounds at TPC Piper Glen
Golf Course Superintendent
Company: Grounds and Golf. Po Box#6028. Annapolis Maryland 21401
Golf Course Superintendent for a nine hole golf course in the Stevensville Md area. The golf course has bermuda tees and fairways. The greens are Poa/Bent.
- Hiring, training and managing staff.
- Setting up the turf program for the golf course
- Maintaining the equipment
- Communicating with the community
This is a private golf course located on the Chesapeake bay. It gets less the 3500 rounds a year.
Education requirements: Have at least a two year turf degree.
Experience: Have at least 2 years experience in a management type position
Other Benefits: Health insurance and 2 week vacation
Contact information: Stewart Richards (443) 875-8441Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
Golf Course Staff
Green Hill Country Club in Quantico MD is in search of golf course staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
Safely operate mowers and other equipment as required during course maintenance
Reports equipment or course issues immediately.
Completion of jobs and cleanup of the work area as required. Helps in project work as directed.
Cleans machines after use and makes minor adjustments to the equipment under the supervision of the mechanic.
Operates equipment in a safe and effective manner with attention to task completion. Return all equipment to the designated location and keeping the maintenance areas clean and free of clutter.
Picks up trash and debris while performing job duties.
Must work holidays and weekends when necessary.
Experience in landscaping or golf course maintenance a plus, but not required willing to train the right individual.
Valid state driver’s license.
The employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact Tom King Golf Course Superintendent
410-749-5119 Ext. 120Contact email@example.com for more info
As a key member of the Heritage Shores maintenance team, the Assistant-in-Training works directly with the Assistant Superintendent and Golf Course Superintendent and assists with the day-to-day maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who is looking to eventually become a Golf Course Superintendent. This candidate should be a self-starter who takes pride in his/her work ethic and values the importance of being a team player. This position will expose the candidate to a wide variety of turf practices. The Heritage Shores maintenance team understands the importance of sound agronomic practices.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 0-2 years turf grass management experience preferred, but not required
• GCSAA Member or apprentice preferred, but not required
• Must possess a general knowledge base of the maintenance of a golf course
• Must possess basic computer skills – Word and Excel
• Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
• Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
• Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Daily mowing of all playing surfaces with walk-behind units and riding units
• Proper water management (hand watering, etc.)
• Fertilizer and chemical applications (proper calibration and techniques)
• Proper course set up (daily hole and tee locations and detail work)
• Cultural practices (topdressing, aerification, etc.)
• Irrigation maintenance (irrigation head fixes, pipe repairs, locating/troubleshooting wiring issues)
• Learning how to manage according to the weather
• Communicate well with the crew, management and members
• Carry oneself with professionalism in both appearance and demeanor
• Understand the importance of networking, career preparation, and record keeping
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is often required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
• They will occasionally be required to balance, stoop, twist upper body, kneel, and climb.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, pollen, dust, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards.
• Noise level is typically moderate to loud
• Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
• Work weekends and holidays
Location: Compass Pointe Golf Course is looking for an Assistant Superintendent to join our team. Compass Pointe GC is a 36-Hole Daily fee and is owned by Anne Arundel County. Billy Casper Golf has managed this property for 18 years. This Assistant will have the opportunity for advancement in Billy Casper Golf. They manage over 150 properties around the country.
Education: 2-4 year Turf/Agronomy degree or currently enrolled in a turf management or closely related field program
Experience: 1-2 years golf course experience required
Toro/Lynx irrigation experience a plus
Must possess basic computer skills with Word and Excel
Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Must possess a valid Drivers Licenses
Must obtain a Maryland Pesticide and Fertilizer application licenses within 120 days of start date
Duties: The Assistant will work closely with the Superintendent to manage all aspects of the golf course. This will include, but not limited to hiring staff, crew management, leading monthly OSHA and company safety meeting, daily course set up and mowing schedules, all aspects of irrigation management and repair, IPM and pesticide/fertilizer applications. Assist staff with routine tasks (mowing, calibrating, course set up, etc) Assist with inventory of all chemicals, fertilizers, equipment, supplies and all pesticide/ fertilizer documentation.
Benefits: This Position will receive full-time Billy Casper Golf benefit packages – Medical, dental, vision, life insurance.
Paid annual Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay, 401k
Discounted meals and golf privileges
Dues paid for National and local superintendent associations
Available: March 1,2020
Please email resumes to Tom Tokarski, Superintendent firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website for more information on the courses. www.compasspointegolf.com
Field Staff – Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative
The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), headquartered in Lawrence, Kan., is a leading golf organization and since 1926, has been the top professional association for the men and women who manage golf courses in the United States and worldwide. GCSAA’s mission is to serve its members, advance their profession and enhance the enjoyment, growth and vitality of the game of golf. We assist our members through education and advancement efforts, increasing the visibility of their facilities and enhancing the reputation of the golf course management profession. Are you interested in working for an association who aspires to become the global leader in golf course management?
To enhance the relationship between chapters and GCSAA, we are seeking a dedicated professional to serve as a conduit to the eleven GCSAA affiliated chapters in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia and West Virginia. The mission of the position is to work strategically to enhance communication between GCSAA and the chapters to improve the effectiveness of programs and services at the chapter level. Incumbent will assist in recruitment and retention of members, work closely with regional allied associations and serve as a regular chapter meeting attendee in providing GCSAA resources to the respective chapters. The regional representative will work with superintendents, schools and students in developing First Green field trips and is a key component in accomplishing the strategic objectives of GCSAA and affiliated chapters.
(PA) Central Pennsylvania GCSA (VA) Old Dominion GCSA
(PA) Greater Pittsburgh GCSA (VA) Virginia GCSA
(PA) Mountain & Valley GCSA (WV) West Virginia GCSA
(PA) Northwestern Pennsylvania (MD, DC) Mid-Atlantic Association of GCS
(PA) Philadelphia Association of GCS (MD, DE) Eastern Shore Association of GCS
(PA) Pocono Turfgrass Association
Successful candidate must have at least three years of experience in the golf industry and a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience). Strong understanding of the turf management profession, the regional economy and exposure to association management are preferred. Previous experience as a golf course superintendent is valued. Excellent oral and written communication, time management skills and exceptional customer relations skills are essential. Position resides within the region (home office) and a current resident of the region is preferred. Candidate must be willing to travel 50-75% of the time, including overnight stays.
We take our work seriously, but we know how to have fun. Position pay range is: $70,000 – $80,000 annually. GCSAA’s attractive compensation and benefits package includes the traditional offerings, plus paid leave, 401(k)/Roth match, community involvement opportunities and wellness incentives. If required, relocation expenses may be provided and tailored to the successful candidate’s needs.
Applications will continue to be received until the position is filled. Applicants should apply online at www.gcsaa.org and select the Careers tab, “Careers at GCSAA.”
If you need assistance applying, please email email@example.com.
GCSAA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabledfor more info
Assistant Superintendent – Peninsula Golf and Country Club
The Peninsula Golf and Country Club is seeking a qualified Assistant Superintendent to join the Agronomy team. The Peninsula is a 2006 Nicklaus signature course situated within an 850-acre resort style community on the Indian River Bay in Long Neck, DE. The course has roughly 42 acres of Seaside bentgrass fairways, tees and approaches, with 3 acres of A-4 bentgrass greens. 2019 produced the most rounds to date at 23,000. We strive to offer our members the best possible conditions every day in the challenging Mid -Atlantic climate.
The Assistant Superintendent will be involved in all aspects of golf course management and maintenance. The candidate must be able to comprehend basic turf management skills. He/She must be able to deliver tournament ready conditions on a daily basis. Qualified candidates should have at least 3- 5 years of golf course experience. We are looking for a self- starter and someone who can think on their feet, problem solving skills are a must, as is the ability to work through situations to ultimately find the desired outcome.
Typical responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Irrigation scheduling, operation, troubleshooting & repair with Toro Lynx System
• Plant protectant and fertilizer applications, calibrations and record keeping
• Hand watering & syringing
• Project management
• Budget & purchasing
• Advises Superintendent of course conditions
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent
• Exhibits and maintains a professional demeanor to reflect a positive image of The Peninsula Golf & Country Club
• Assists with planning, scheduling, instructing, training, and directing crew in the performance of golf course maintenance procedures and job responsibilities
• Prepared to acquire a Delaware Pesticide Applicator’s License within the first three months of employment
• Scouting and course setup
• Must be high energy and willing to do whatever necessary to complete the job
This role will be salaried ranging from 45-50k + (DOE)
The club offers a competitive compensation & benefits program with Troon Golf benefits including medical, 401K (after qualifying period), vacation, uniforms, sick days, cell phone reimbursement. As well as a goal-oriented budget program.
Please forward resume with cover letter and references to Superintendent Kyle DeNuys
Sales Representatives – Genesis Green Supply
Genesis Green Supply is actively seeking Sales Representatives for ALL Mid-Atlantic Areas and Markets.
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Mark Merrick, CGCS
VP of Sales & Marketing
Golf Superintendent Kenwood Golf & Country Club – Bethesda, Maryland
About Kenwood Golf & Country Club
Kenwood Golf and Country Club is a private club with a select membership. It has been in continuous existence since 1928. The clubhouse, golf course and its facilities cover over 100 acres of rolling countryside, located in Bethesda, Maryland. Included on the property is an 18-hole, USGA Certified, par 70 golf course, a competition-size outdoor swimming pool, an outdoor diving pool with children’s wading pool, thirteen Har-Tru tennis courts, two all-weather hard courts and 4 indoor cushioned hard courts, an eight-lane duck pin bowling alley, a state-of-the-art fitness center complete with exercise studio, heated indoor pool, and spa services. Adjacent to the clubhouse is a guest house with forty-two comfortable, quiet, simply-appointed rooms with standard amenities. The Club, surrounded by fine residential properties, is situated inside the Capital Beltway, (I-495) only minutes from the Nation’s Capital, approximately seven miles from the White House and many other cultural and national attractions.
The Superintendent is responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. Responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and Club property. Our goal is a healthy and consistent golf course. Golf Superintendent Kenwood Golf & Country Club
Assistant Superintendent – Prospect Bay Country Club
Prospect Bay Country Club is seeking an assistant golf course superintendent to join our team.
We are a member-owned private community golf course located minutes from the Bay Bridge on Maryland’s Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. The 18 hole championship golf course features both warm and cool season grasses with 2 very distinct 9 holes. Recent upgrades include a new Rainbird IC irrigation system completed in 2016, as well as many tee, fairway, and equipment upgrades. A new maintenance facility is also being planned for the fall of 2019.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or turf-related field preferred
- Experience Requirements:
- Previous golf course or turfgrass management experience
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- The successful candidate must show experience in the following:
- Previous supervisory experience with an emphasis on crew management and training.
- The ability to multi-task daily assignments and crew management tasks under direction of the Superintendent.
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of agronomic programs for both cool and warm season grasses in the transition zone.
- Chemical and fertilizer application experience with the ability to possess or obtain a Maryland State pesticide and fertilizer applicators license.
- The ability to work and communicate with Spanish speaking employees.
Date Available: ASAP
Application Instructions: Please email cover letter and resume
Salary Range: $43,000+DOE
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Membership to professional organizations
- Golf privileges
Spray Technician Cripple Creek Country Club
Cripple Creek Country Club is located five miles west of Bethany Beach DE. The course plays along the Indian River Bay and a 90 acre salt marsh. This will be the first full season with our renovated short game and range tee expansion.
High school diploma.
Must have pesticide license.
We are looking for highly motivated individual with a good work ethic and knowledge of turf.
Golfing , Uniforms Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Year End Bonus,
Date Job is Available
April 8, 2019
$ 15.00 per hour
Job Application Instructions
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org