Territory Sales Manager for Weedingtech™ Product Line
Turf Equipment and Supply Company, an award-winning Toro distributor, has an opening for an outside sales position for the newly acquired Weedingtech line of weed control, cleaning, and sanitation products. Weedingtech is the manufacturer of the world’s leading eco-friendly weed control system, which uses patented technology for eliminating unwanted vegetation. For more information about Weedingtech, visit www.weedingtech.com
In this position you will be responsible for sales, developing network opportunities and demand for the product line. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have excellent customer service, communication, presentation and public speaking skills. Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, landscape management or equivalent combination of experience is required. Prefer at least three years’ experience in technical product field sales. Experience and/or training in irrigation, turf management, agronomy or landscape management is a plus. Candidates must be proficient in the use of personal computers and business software applications and have a strong technical aptitude.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, life, short-term disability, paid vacation and personal days, 401(k) and profit-sharing program.
If you think this opportunity is a fit for you, please send your resume to Lance Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.orgContact for more info
Golf Course Superintendent at Bidermann Golf Course
Bidermann Golf Course is a small, private, member-owned facility of the Vicmead Hunt Club, designed by Dick Wilson and opened for play in 1965. The golf course encompasses 175 acres and is described as a “meadowland course” with fine fescue areas separating each hole. The course averages 9,000 rounds per year.
Golf Course Operations Overview
- $1.3M Budget; $131,000 equipment operating lease
- Seven full-time staff; twenty-one total staff members in-season
- Twenty-two greens (4 acres) consisting of A1-A4 bentgrass re-grassed in 2006, including three built to USGA specifications
- Two acres of bentgrass tees
- One acre of L93 bentgrass approaches
- Twenty-eight acres of bentgrass, Poa annua and ryegrass fairways
- Seventy-five acres of rough consisting of tall fescue, bluegrass and ryegrass
- Forty-five acres of fine fescue roughs
- On-site tree nursery valued at $100,000
- Golf Course Master Improvement Plan by Andrew Green
The Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the General Manager and works in conjunction with him/her to handle daily operational issues, planning and to ensure an exceptional golf experience. The Golf Course Superintendent shall coordinate all operations with the Green Chairs. The Golf Course Superintendent will have extensive communication with the Head Golf Professional to achieve the objectives of the membership. The Golf Course Superintendent is expected to be an engaged leader of the management team to ensure continued communication among departments and throughout the club. The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for regular communication with the membership including distributing emails on course conditions, updates on projects ongoing at the course, and keeping an active blog regarding happenings related to the grounds maintenance at the golf course. The Golf Course Superintendent must be actively
engaged with members and staff, and have a relentless attention to detail. The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the maintenance, care and management of the Bidermann Golf Course, grounds, personnel and equipment fleet. The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the integration of modern agronomy techniques to the existing turf grass management program practiced at the golf course and to provide continually better ways of maintaining the facility. The Superintendent is responsible for successfully meeting financial responsibilities of the grounds department.
INITIAL AREAS OF FOCUS
• Ensure a smooth transition of duties to include management of renovations and construction to maintenance
• Complete projects on the golf course approved as capital improvements to include tees and bunkers.
• Suggest, plan and implement course wide improvements to improve playing conditions.
• Explore desirability of practice tee alterations, including turning and leveling tee surface, and installation of
TurfHound® system, and relocation of target greens.
It is required the Superintendent have a four or two-year degree or certificate in Turfgrass Management or similar field from an accredited university. The position requires at least four years’ experience as a Superintendent or six years’ experience as an Assistant Superintendent at a private golf facility. Experience must include growing environments in the Mid-Atlantic region while managing both cool and warm season turf varieties. The candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Understanding and implementation of all pest control techniques in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Solid irrigation management philosophy, practices and diagnosis/ repair
- Use of technology to stay current with agronomic skills and equipment
- Subscribes to sustainable maintenance practices (e.g. firm and fast, sound irrigation philosophy) and blend these practices with the environment
- Golfer/student of the game with a sound understanding of ideal playing conditions
- Possesses leadership qualities that have resulted in high employee satisfaction, proven staff retention and low turnover
- Proven success in developing assistants to promotion
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Will listen to and respond to both club members and team members
- Seeks continuous feedback regarding course conditions and areas in need of attention
- Strong relationship builder with a history of excellent relations with their General Manager and Golf Professional
- A history of excellent working relationships with the Green Chairs and Committee
- Respected in industry and maintains a network of progressive peers at all levels within the industry
- Strong budget management and detailed forecasting (zero-based) skills
- Proven record of establishing and operating within budget
- Experience developing capital equipment replacement and master improvement plans
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent benefit program, along with the typical GCSAA benefits to include housing, continuing education, dues for associations and licensing; golf privileges; uniforms; meals; medical and dental; 401K (after one year of employment); paid time off; club provided vehicle.
Application Instructions: Please email a detailed cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, along with your resume to email@example.com. Submissions will be received through November 17thContact for more info
Assistant Superintendent River Run Golf Club
River Run is looking for an Assistant Superintendent to help oversee staffing duties/management, pesticide scheduling, irrigation repair and other duties.
River Run is embarking on an upgrade to the irrigation system over the next few years as well as other agronomic improvements. Experience with irrigation repairs a plus.
Salary: $40k+ depending on experience. Other benefits include employee contribution of health insurance, vacation, sick time, holiday time, dues paid to GCSAA & ESAGCS, golf privileges.
Please email resume to John Kotoski, CGCS @ firstname.lastname@example.orgContact for more info
Equipment/Shop Manager – Full Time
Winters Run Golf Club is a 43 year old Blue Collar Private Club located in Bel Air, MD. Winters Run currently has 350 members and is in the process of selling 5 lots generating $1,000,000 in capital funds. We are in the very early process of implementing our Master Plan course renovation through architect Andrew Green. The maintenance facility is in superb condition offering plenty of room for maintenance and organization of equipment. New pieces are added to our fleet each year to replace older equipment. A lift is planned to be installed in the Fall of 2017. Winters Run is proud to have developed a staff that is energized, committed and excited to constantly improve the course conditioning. This mentality has led to numerous staff members pursuing Golf Course Management careers in the future. We have just placed an intern at Merion and have 3-4 more students enrolled or soon to enroll in turfgrass management. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a professional staff that strives daily to achieve perfection.
High School Diploma or Equivalent trade school certificate
Prior experience in the golf course or landscaping equipment service industry preferred. Must have the knowledge or ability to learn how to use reel grinders and adjust reels. Must be capable of welding or have the ability to learn.
The Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance of our golf course equipment fleet and service of 60 brand new Yamaha golf carts. He/She will have oversight and spending control of approximately $30,000-$35,000 of equipment repair budget. The Mechanic is expected to keep all equipment operational, diagnose any problems and preform repairs in a timely manner. He/She will keep logs of monies spent and the hours to repair each piece. The mechanic will be responsible for keeping all mowing equipment sharp and will also be able to determine when sharpening is necessary. The mechanic will also keep all equipment operating in a safe manner by inspecting and repairing any and all safety features of each piece of equipment. All equipment will be expected to be greased and have proper levels of oil, coolants, etc.
The Mechanic will report directly to the Superintendent. Daily discussions will be had regarding mower set ups and to schedule upcoming equipment needs. The Mechanic will be responsible for keeping the Superintendent informed of any equipment break downs and to give an estimated time it will take to obtain parts and repair.
$40,000-$55,000 Dependent on experience
- Health insurance covered 100% for the employee
- 1 week vacation in 2017 calendar year
- 2 weeks vacation in 2018 calendar year
- Paid holidays and comp time for holidays worked
- 50% off meals
- Uniform shirts provided
This is a full time, year round position. Please send all resumes to email@example.com. All qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Winters Run Golf Club
1000 N. Tollgate Rd
Bel Air, MD 21901
Golf Course Equipment Manager – Full-Time
This is a first line supervisory repair and maintenance work at the Somerset County Golf Course. The Equipment Manager reports to the Golf Course Superintendent and/or the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventative maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. Additionally, this position maintains Recreation and Parks equipment and offers support to other County Departments regarding maintenance of small engines and machines. The equipment manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent and/or the assistant superintendent, and schedules and directs the work assignments of the assistant equipment manager. The equipment manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building. The Equipment Manager is under the direct supervision of the Somerset County Recreation and Parks Director.
Example of Work: (Examples are illustrative only)
- Operates electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment as needed for daily course
maintenance and special projects.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defect/failures in various golf course
maintenance equipment including, diesel-, electric-, and gasoline powered automobiles,
trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers and other mechanical equipment used in
- Fabricates, rebuilds and overhauls Golf Course, Recreation and Parks and other county
equipment when need arises and within budgetary conditions.
- Maintains golf cart fleet.
- Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventative
maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment and
purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment
conditions, costs of repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency
repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment
prior to use.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance.
- Regulates employees’ use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant
superintendent, if needed.
- Will be required to work during off hours when problems arise.
- Performs other duties as required by the superintendent and Recreation and Parks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist the Golf Course Superintendent in the preparation of a budget, estimating man
hours and materials required for a job.
- Motivates employees to produce at an optimal level.
- Thorough knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and automotive
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain machines/engines in a broad spectrum of functions.
- Ability to perform first through fifth echelon maintenance on cars, trucks, golf course
construction equipment with gasoline and/or diesel engines.
- Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession
- Ability to move heavy objects
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Assisting in an effective, daily inspection of golf course maintenance equipment and
weekly inspection of Recreation and Parks equipment.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent, preferably in the vocational arts, with six years
experience in golf course equipment maintenance, one of which must be at the master
Required Licenses or Certificates:
- Class C Driver’s License.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of record keeping.
Application forms and job description may be obtained at:
Somserset County Human Resources Department
County Office Complex
Room 214, 11916 Somerset Avenue. Princess Anne, Maryland.
During regular business hours Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Completed applications must be received at the Human Resources Department on or before Friday March 10th, 2017 4:30pm.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOMERSET COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Ralph D. Taylor – County Administrator
Sales Representative – Fisher & Son
Be a part of a dynamic sales team with a company that has passed the test of the time! Fisher & Son Company is a family owned and operated corporation, established in 1928, that serves the Mid-Atlantic states. Our client base is comprised of professional turf and horticultural managers to whom we supply the most complete line of grass seed, fertilizers and control products available from the leading manufacturers in the industry.
Our success has been built on knowledge based technical sales with a high level of attention to service. Opportunities exist for lucrative sales territories for self-motivated, high-energy, hardworking, results-driven, individuals seeking to be a part of a solid but growing organization.
Eastern Shore Maryland
Turf or Horticultural Degree or Certificate.
Minimum of 2 years in related field
Commensurate with experience
Health Care, 401k
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
110 Summit Dr. STE A
Exton, PA, 19341-2838, US
Service Technician – Sposato Irrigationfor more info
Superintendent – Garrison Lakesfor more info
Assistant-In-Training – Bidermann Golf Coursefor more info
Assistant Superintendent – Bidermann Golf Coursefor more info
Assistant Superintendent – Talbot Country Club
Come grow with us! Join our team as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent and experience the beauty and warm hospitality of Maryland’s Eastern Shore. Talbot Country Club in Easton, Maryland is looking for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. A highly-qualified individual will possess recognized leadership, management experience, and a passion for the golf business.
About Talbot Country Club and Maryland’s Eastern Shore:
Talbot Country Club, established in 1910, is Maryland’s 4th oldest country club. Located on the scenic eastern shore of Maryland. Talbot Country Club is a full-service country club featuring a championship 18-hole golf course with Bermuda fairways and tees, poa/bent greens and a large practice facility. The club also features a swimming pool, dock and tennis courts. Talbot Country Club is a family-oriented club with a rich history in the community.
Talbot County offers the perfect balance of rural simplicity and urban refinement. Home to sophisticated small towns, waterman’s villages and more than 600 miles of Chesapeake Bay waterfront, it’s the treasure of Maryland’s Eastern Shore. The area is an oudoorsman’s paradise with easy access to hunting, fishing, sailing, boating and hiking. Talbot County is great for families and boasts a great public school system and private school options in addition to a variety of arts and athletic youth opportunities. Easton is just an hour from the Maryland and Delaware Beaches and is one hour from Washington D.C. and Baltimore, and two hours from Philadelphia.
Seeking an individual with experience in the following areas:
-Previous supervisory experience
-Crew management and training
-Organizational and prioritization skills
-Prior pesticide and fertilizer application experience (possess or be able to obtain a MD pesticide license within 120 days of hire)
-Extensive knowledge of irrigation repair, maintenance, and operation
-The ability to carry out daily assignments as well as turf and crew management strategies as directed by the Superintendent
-Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact with a Spanish speaking crew
-Familiar with agronomic programs for both cool and warm season grasses in the transition zone
-Highly skilled in water management
-Possess and display interpersonal skills with employees, club members, and management.
-Must be highly organized and efficient with great attention to detail.
2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or turf-related field preferred
$50,000-$56,000, dependent on experience
An attractive compensation package that included Medical & Dental, 401K after 1 year of employment, Uniform, Vacation, Golfing Privileges, Employee Meals, National and Local Association Dues.
Please Email resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Phone: (302) 670-5773Contact for more info
Assistant Superintendent @ The Peninsula Golf And Country Club
Where: The Peninsula Golf $ CC
Contact: Andrew Ninnemann
Salary: $40,000 – $43,000
Please email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.orgContact for more info