POSITION TITLE: Golf Course Equipment Mechanic
DEPARTMENT: Hog Neck Golf Course
POSITION REPORTING: Golf Professional/General Manager
LAST UPDATE: 8/2023
The Golf Course Equipment Mechanic reports to the Golf Professional/General Manager.
Hog Neck Golf Course is a self-supporting enterprise that provides recreational
opportunities for the citizens and visitors of Talbot County. The operation of the golf
course includes a pro shop and a food service facility and provides activities and
tournaments in accordance with the standards established by the United States Golf
Association, Professional Golfers Association, Golf Course Superintendents Association of
America, and the Hog Neck Golf Course Park Board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Performs maintenance on all equipment used on the golf course. Including engines
(gas and diesel), pumps, sprayers, hydraulics, as well as golf carts and utility carts.
• Maintains mowers, checking and adjusting daily, and grinding on a scheduled basis.
• Ensures an adequate parts inventory is available and maintained.
• Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment.
• Maintains accurate repair and servicing records on all equipment via log book or
computer. As well as maintains a clean and organized workspace and tools.
• Assists in making recommendations in regards to equipment purchases.
• Attends education seminars and Mechanics Association meetings when scheduled in
advance, and approved by the Superintendent.
• Performs related work as required by Supervisors as pertaining to golf course needs.
• Assists other members of staff as directed by the supervisor(s).
• Provides input regarding maintenance schedule and needs of equipment.
• Maintains clear communication with Superintendent and assistant superintendent
regarding all issues with equipment, their downtime and operational status.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of mechanical experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to organize and maintain tools, shop inventory and all equipment.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices of the mechanic trade.
• Skill in locating and determining the cause of equipment malfunctions.
• Skill in performing repairs of defects in golf course equipment in a timely fashion to
• Must be able to grind reels and bed knives, attend training if required.
• Must be able to weld using gas, acetylene and arc welders.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of grounds care equipment.
• Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all associates
and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Performs physical labor.
May need to bend, squat climb and/or move on uneven surfaces
May need to stand for long periods of time.
The employee routinely works with and around equipment such as engines, pumps,
sprayers, hydraulics, golf and utility cards, mowers.
The employee may occasionally be exposed to dust, noise and extreme heat and cold.
The noise level can be moderate to extremely loud.
Please visit https://talbotcountymd.gov/employment_application
to apply on-line or send your application/resume to:
Talbot County Government
11 North Washington Street
Easton, MD 21601